Sunday, May 14, 2006
Written by two leading experts and approved by SAP's ABAP Language Group, ABAP Objects provides an in-depth and comprehensive introduction to SAP application programming for Release 4.6. The focus is on ABAP Objects, which is treated here not as an add-on, but as an integral part of the ABAP language. An indispensable guide for novice and experienced programmers alike, ABAP Objects includes coverage of these essential topics:
- The new ABAP Workbench and the most important features of the ABAP language.
- The fundamentals of ABAP programming, including the ABAP runtime environment.
- The core ABAP language elements.
- The two ABAP programming models - classical and object-oriented - and their relevant statements.
- Advanced concepts of OO programming with ABAP Objects.
- Programming the SAP user interface.
- Database access with OpenSQL.
- ABAP glossary and a complete list of system fields.
Friday, March 17, 2006
From my opinion, ABAP is same like C++. I think the logic that be applied for C++ program also can be used while writing an ABAP report but a strong fundamental in SQL statement would be some advantages to the programmers because ABAP report is all about retriving date from database and populate it as a report to the users.
The basic keyword for ABAP are:
data: num1 type i,
num2 type i,
num3 type i.
num3 = num1 * num2.
write:/ "The answer is:", num3.